Best Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe – Heart Healthy Nuts & Seeds
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
My sister has been making granola for years but I never really paid attention to how she made it, only when it came time to eat it. It always smells so good (like there should be a homemade granola candle)
So it got me thinking that I want my house to smell like a granola candle and decided to try my hand at making it. The outcome is the best healthy homemade granola recipe with heart-healthy nuts and seeds that I have ever tasted, (no offense, Sis!).
Granola is yummy eaten alone but put it on top of something and yum! I like to put my healthy granola mix on top of yogurt and berries. Coconut dairy-free yogurt is actually really good and I get the unsweetened one to keep it extra healthy, but any yogurt would be good with granola on top.
I also like to top my homemade smoothie bowls with granola for some added crunch.
This healthy granola mix is also very versatile as you can stick right to the recipe or you can change it up with whatever seeds, nuts, and fruit that you like to make it your own.
What You Need To Make The Best Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe
Get ready to make your house smell insanely good! You won't be able to resist eating this granola hot out of the oven but let it cool because those seeds can be hot!
- Nuts (Almonds & Pecans)
- Seeds (Sunflower, Chia & Pumpkin Seeds)
- Dried Cranberries
- Ground Flax Seed
- Pure Maple Syrup or Honey
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
Variations that can be added to my healthy homemade granola recipe:
- Coconut (unsweetened)
- Dried Apricots
- Peanut Butter
- Almond Butter
- Chia Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
I like to store my leftover granola in an airtight jar or mason jar to keep it nice and fresh. Plus homemade granola in a mason jar would make a great gift for the holidays!
Best Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe
- 2 Cups Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds (optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Organic Raw Honey Use 1/4 Cup more for sweeter granola
- 1/4 Cup Organic Coconut Oil Use 1/4 Cup more for a chunky granola
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325. Lline a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine oats, almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and ground flax, chia seeds (if using), salt and cinnamon. Set cranberries aside.
- Add in coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Stir to combine everything together.
- Pour on a lined baking sheet and press down with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir and press granola down with back of a spoon. Continue baking for another 10 minutes. ( Ovens may vary, you may need to cook for 5 more minutes) Keep checking so it doesn't burn.
- Remove from oven add cranberries and stir.
Want to save this post? Be sure to pin this Best Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe post and save it for later!