Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls – Quick Healthy Snack
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
You know those little healthy energy balls that you can buy at places like Whole Foods and Sprouts? My sister and I made some the other day and OMG, they are amazing!
These little gems are also referred to as healthy bliss balls or energy bliss balls but call them what you like and I will call them delicious!
Talk about simple and delicious! Chocolate coconut energy balls that are a quick healthy snack.
Like, why buy them at the store when you can make them at home for cheaper and you probably already have some or most of the ingredients in your pantry?
Let's get started making these amazing and simple healthy no-bake energy balls.
What You Need To Make Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls
- Slivered Almonds
- Ground Flax Seed
- Chia Seeds
- Unsweetened Coconut
- Coconut Oil
- Vitamix or Food Processor
Plus there are so many variations that you can make to change them up. If you don't like or don't have a certain ingredient you can always substitute for something similar.
Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls
- Vitamix or Food Processor
- 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Cashews Mine were salted.
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1 Cup Dates
- 1/3 Cup Cacao
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Coconut You will need an extra 1/2 cup or more to roll the balls in.
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil If mixture is too dry you can add more.
- 2 Teaspoons Chia Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Mix water with the chia seeds in a small bowl and set aside.
- combine the nuts, shredded coconut, ground flax, dates, cacao, and coconut oil in the Vitamix or food processor.
- Add the chia seed mixture to the rest of the ingredients.
- Pulse for three seconds to combine and repeat this step an additional three times. If using a Vitamix pulse on 10.
- If using a Vitamix, put in the damper and keep pushing down and scraping the sides until all ingredients are combined.
- If the mixture looks too dry add a little more coconut oil and blend until combined.
- Scoop out the mixture into a bowl and roll into balls, however big or small you like them. (I like to be able to take 2 or 3 bites).
- Place a 1/2 cup of shredded coconut into a flat dish and roll the healthy energy balls in the coconut.
- Put in freezer until ready to serve or until set.
- Eat and Enjoy!
There you have it! My simple and delicious chocolate energy balls that are a quick and healthy snack. These are so decadent and fudgy that you really only need one! Plus they make the perfect healthy snack when you want something chocolate!
I like to store these in an airtight container or in a mason jar, in the fridge or freezer. My chocolate coconut energy balls put in a mason jar would make a great gift for the holidays!
Did you enjoy reading this post? Be sure to pin this Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls - Quick Healthy Snack Post and save it for later!